Restorative Dentistry in Winston-Salem, NC
When most people think of dentistry, they think of preventive care, such as cleanings and exams, or cosmetic procedures, such as teeth whitening. However, in many cases, patients need restorative dental procedures to keep their teeth functional and pain-free. At Twin Oaks Dentistry, Dr. Baust and Dr. Joyce can help you achieve your oral health and appearance goals. Here is all you need to know about restorative dental care at our Winston-Salem dental office.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Dental health concerns like decay, tooth loss, or broken teeth can impact the appearance of your smile, your ability to speak and chew properly, not to mention your overall self-esteem. Restorative dentistry focuses on repairing and restoring teeth damaged through injury or disease.
What Should Patients Expect During an Appointment for Restorative Dentistry?
Patients can expect to be seen by a dentist for an initial consultation, usually during a routine dental appointment. The dentist will examine the patient’s teeth, gums, and X-Rays to determine which restorative treatments are necessary. The dentist will then develop a treatment plan and provide the patient with an estimate of the cost of treatment. Patients can usually expect to schedule additional appointments for procedures such as dental fillings, crowns, or implants.
Restorative Dental Services at Twin Oaks Dentistry
Whether your teeth are chipped, stained, or crooked, many dental procedures can help improve your smile’s function appearance. Restorative dental services include:
- Dental fillings: Dental fillings are used to treat cavities. The dentist will remove the decayed portion of the tooth and then fill the area with a composite resin (tooth-colored) material. Dental fillings work by sealing off the tooth from further decay.
- Dental crowns: A dental crown is a dental restoration that covers the entire tooth. Crowns are used to protect a damaged tooth. They are made from porcelain or ceramic and are made to blend in perfectly with the rest of your smile.
- Same-Day Crowns: While they function just like traditional dental crowns, CEREC crowns are created and placed in just one day.
- Dental bridges: A dental bridge is a prosthetic used to replace one or more missing teeth. The bridge is anchored to the patient’s natural teeth on either side of the gap. Bridges restore the patient’s ability to chew and speak properly and keep the remaining teeth from shifting into the gap left by the missing tooth.
- Bonding: This procedure is used to improve the appearance of a tooth using composite resin. Bonding can fix cracks or chips in teeth or brighten a tooth discolored by trauma.
- Implants: Implants are used to replace one or more missing teeth. An implant is placed into the jawbone and allowed to heal for several months before a permanent crown is attached. Dental implants are one of the best methods for tooth replacement because they stimulate the jaw bone preventing bone loss.
Restorative Dentist in Winston-Salem, NC
At Twin Oaks Dentistry, we offer a wide range of restorative dental treatments to help our patients achieve and maintain optimum oral health. Whether you need a simple filling or a more complex procedure such as a root canal, our experienced team is here to provide the quality care you deserve. If you are due for a checkup or are experiencing any problems with your teeth or gums, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with us today.