General Dentistry Services in Winston-Salem
The well-being of your teeth and gums is essential to maintaining long-term overall health. When your smile is in good condition, you’re more likely to look your best and feel confident and less likely to experience health concerns, including cardiovascular problems. With this in mind, practicing good oral hygiene habits at home and visiting your dentist regularly is important. If you don’t have a general dentist, Twin Oaks Dentistry can help. Here’s what you need to know before scheduling your next routine dental checkup in Winston-Salem.
What is a General Dentist?
A general dentist is someone whose job is to diagnose, treat, and prevent dental diseases, including tooth decay and gum disease. While some dentists specialize in specific areas of dentistry, such as orthodontics, general dentists are trained to provide various services to address common oral health concerns.
Benefits of General Dental Care
Even when your teeth appear healthy and beautiful, brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing, and visiting the dentist every six months for routine dental exams and professional cleanings are essential. Along with helping you maintain a beautiful smile, general dental care is critical to preventing uncomfortable, inconvenient, and costly dental problems in the future.
What Are General Dental Services?
General dentists can provide preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dental services. At Twin Oaks Dentistry, we’re proud to offer an array of dental treatments and procedures to meet your particular oral health needs. Some of these include:
- Extractions: If you have a tooth that is infected, severely decayed, or causing problems for other teeth, extracting it may be the best option to preserve your oral health. Depending on your situation, we can perform one of two types of extraction:
- Standard: This entails the dentist using local anesthesia to gently remove the tooth from its socket..
- Surgical: This typically is used when a tooth is severely compromised and requires minimal bone removal to allow the tooth to be removed. .
- Dentures: These prosthetic teeth are used to replace several or all of a person’s missing teeth.
- Traditional: These are made up of a complete set of missing teeth placed over your gums and held in place with adhesive glue.
- Implant-Retained: These dentures are more secure and comfortable thanks to dental implants inserted into your bone that holds them in place.
- Partials: These work the same way traditional dentures do but are used to miss a few missing teeth instead of a complete set.
- Root Canal Therapy: If you have a tooth with a cavity that is too big to be filled, we can restore it with a root canal treatment that is used to remove the infected pulp from inside the tooth, then protect it with a tooth-colored dental crown.
General Dentistry Cost
Most dental insurance plans cover the cost of general dental care, including biannual checkups and cleanings. For more information on what your dental insurance plan includes, please contact our office.
Schedule Your General Dentistry Appointment at Twin Oaks Dentistry
If you can’t remember the last time you went to the dentist for a regular checkup, now is the time to prioritize your oral health. At Twin Oaks Dentistry, we’re proud to offer professional, comfortable, convenient dental care to patients of all ages. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment and see how easy caring for your teeth and gums can be!